Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day to All Dads



Happy Father's Day to all dads out there. What a blessing to be able to enjoy rearing children and influencing them for Christ! I hope your day is amazingly blessed by grace, mercy, and joy.


Yesterday David and Jama Mosher and I went to La Paz Waterfall Park with my host father, Emilio. We had a fabulous time. There is an aviary there, plus a butterfly center, hummingbird stations, and four waterfalls. It was a beautiful day. The rain held off until the evening, and the temperature was perfect. We enjoyed celebrating the creativity and diversity of God's creation. This morning I will attend the El Redentor Church in downtown San Jose. David and Jama are going with me. They aren't staying with a host family during their visit, so they are trying to get out of their apartment and into the community as much as possible, to enhance their immersion experience. Jama is pictured here with a butterfly that visited us during lunch yesterday. I have also included a picture of David and Emilio and me next to the river on our walk to the waterfalls. I have some beautiful bird pictures to show you too, but I'll save for those for my next post tomorrow or Tuesday. Thanks for your prayers and your support!!! Much Love, Dan (and Nancy)

No comments: