Friday, June 20, 2008

Big Bird Gets a Nibble!

While visiting the waterfall park on Saturday, a large bird landed on my back/shoulder and began to become intimately acquainted with my left ear. At first it was an enjoyable novelty, but after a minute or so it became less comfortable. The staff told us that he was probably looking for an earring, so I reckon he was disappointed :)

Today I'm feeling a little stronger. The antibiotic is kicking in pretty well and knocking down the infection. I need my strength to continue tackling advanced Spanish grammar :) Tomorrow I will get to see Pastor Sonia as she and her team sponsor a health campaign in a poor community in the greater San Jose area. I will ride over in a taxi to help in any way they need me. Please pray for Sonia and Edwin and their ministry with street kids and other at-risk children.

Also, in Venezuela a great piece of property with use-able buildings on it has become available for the Seminary. Please pray for God to provide the funds to purchase this property. This would be a huge boost to the ministry of the UMC of VZ.
Thanks, and Much Love, Dan

No comments: