Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Good News about Dan's Mother


Some of you know that Tuesday Dan received word that his mother was experiencing severe pain during her first week of recuperation from knee replacement surgery. One concern the doctors had was that of a possible blood clot. They ran a test today that showed that there is no blood clot, so we are extremely grateful for that good news. I am waiting for further updates from home, but at this point things certainly seem to be headed in the right direction. Thank you so much for your prayers.


I have had a busy but blessed two days. I have been studying even harder than usual this week in preparation for an advanced grammar test yesterday, and praise God I did okay on the test. Some concepts are still difficult for me, but I'm definitely making progress. Today we started on a new subject in grammar class, and in my conversation class we started practicing some tongue-twisters to improve our phonetics and anunciation - Spanish versions of "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers." A lot of fun!


Thanks for your love and your prayers. Nancy and I are constantly reminded of how much your support means to us. You truly are "partners in the Gospel" with us, and we deeply appreciate it. The attached picture is of a bird that was right outside the back window of the house I'm living in. Very cool. Much Love, Dan

No comments: