Monday, February 15, 2010

Review Today, Re-Write Starts Tomorrow - Prayers Welcome!




After investing the past 6 weeks in a ton of reading, today I will review journal articles (about 20) and reading notes from books (17), in preparation for re-writing the theoretical framework section of my dissertation proposal chapter. I will start the re-write tomorrow, and hope to complete it within the next 2 weeks. After that, I will be going to Venezuela for two weeks to translate for Warren as he preaches and teaches, and depending on time available and invitations extended, I may preach some myself. I simply must complete my proposal chapter re-write before the Venezuelan trip. Therefore, please pray for clarity of mind and wisdom to know which insights to include in my re-write and which to leave out, and for clear guidance from the Holy Spirit as I write. I'm discovering that one of the hardest things in dissertation research is knowing how to sift through the enormous amount of material that has been written through the years. It's very easy to get trapped in chasing rabbits that are interesting and could be helpful, but aren't absolutely necessary. While I'm doing this work, Nancy is helping me with the statistical analysis that needs to be done in preparation for the field research portion of the project with local churches. Please pray for her wisdom regarding that work too. Thank you for your continued friendship and partnership with us in ministry. Much Love, Dan and Nancy

No comments: