Monday, February 22, 2010

Ironically Productive Week

Last week was a little strange. On Monday I had one of my occasional low-energy days, and was unable to do much work on my review of material in preparation for re-writing the theoretical framework for my dissertation. I have learned through experience that I simply need to be patient during these times and rest, so that's what I did. On Tuesday my strength was back, and I had very productive days on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Friday morning, however, I started feeling the effects of the onset of a cold, with weakness and congestion. At the same time, my back was very uncomfortable due to a strained muscle that I suffered a couple weeks ago. So I rested again on Friday and Saturday and most of yesterday. I am thankful that several times while I was resting the Lord gave me some ideas for how to improve my theoretical framework, so I wrote them down and then was feeling strong enough yesterday afternoon to get them incorporated into the revisions. This morning I have good strength so far, praise the Lord, with a mild bout of sinus congestion, and my back is somewhat better. I will move now to other parts of my proposal chapter (such as Literature Review and Methodology/Data Collection), and then come back to the Theoretical Framework later this week. I need to finish the entire re-write on Thursday, because on Friday I head to Chicago for a conference with the Evangelical Missiological Society, and then next week we drive to Atlanta for me to catch a plane to Venezuela. Nancy has been continuing to help with the statistical analysis and information-gathering related to the field research component, plus other administrative tasks related to our ministry. We are thankful for God's provision and guidance, and for your continued prayer support during this phase of our ministry. Much Love, Dan (and Nancy)

No comments: