Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Productive Day, plus Language School Possibility

I'm thankful for a very productive day yesterday with my proposal chapter revisions. I still have a lot to do, but have made excellent progress. My sinus congestion cleared up and my energy level was good. I was able to work from 8:30-6:30, with a chiropractice visit squeezed in, which my back greatly appreciated. Nancy and I are feeling a tug from the Lord to consider language school in Costa Rica this Fall, unless He leads in a different direction related to a teaching job somewhere. This would help me make another quantum leap toward fluency, and it would help her pick up a beginning level of Spanish that would be beneficial in our future ministry opportunities in Venezuela and Costa Rica. She is beginning to investigate the costs of the language school, so we can compare those costs to our current monthly expenditures, to determine how feasible it would be financially. I would need to finish my dissertation writing before the end of August, so that I would only have the editing/revisioning process left to do in the Fall, plus the defense in December. Please pray for continual discernment for us. Also please pray for John and Tara, as they seek guidance regarding job possibilities for John. Thanks, and Many Blessings, Dan

No comments: