Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Learning So Much

Hi everyone, this is Dan. I just want to give thanks for how much I'm learning this year. Yesterday I had the chance to interview a Hispanic pastor who has planted a new Hispanic church in the Lexington area. What a joy to see what God has been up to in that congregation. They are partnering with an Anglo congregation that not only has a heart for Hispanics, but also does a lot with homeless ministries. To see the passion and celebratory attitude of the Hispanic pastor, combined with a truly SHARED vision with the Anglo pastor, was a joy to behold. I'm learning more and more about how to be a part of what God is up to to reach Spanish-speaking people in the States, and I'm excited about that. One thing in particular that I have heard over and over again from my Hispanic brothers and sisters is the critical importance of prayer. Pray, pray, pray, is what the pastor told me yesterday. Without prayer, you can forget about reaching Hispanic people with the gospel, because prayer is the only thing that can empower you and give you Holy Spirit wisdom. What else can we say but "Amen"!

No comments: