Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Christian Healing Ministries

What a great week I (Nancy) experienced at Christian Healing Ministries in Jacksonville last week. I'm following God's leading into prayer ministry and this was one more step toward that calling.

During the 3 days, we participants listened to teachings on various topics such as forgiveness, inner healing, physical healing, etc. We were each assigned 2 prayer ministers to spend time praying about what God may be saying to us about each topic. I think one of the things I was supposed to learn from this experience is what being a good and a not so good prayer minister may look like. One of my prayer ministers seemed especially sensitive to the Holy Spirit and zeroed in on issues we needed to pray about. The other, while very nice, was more prone to tell me her story and give advice. As I continue learning more about prayer ministry and receive more training in this area, I certainly want to make sure I'm like the first one rather than the second!

I also received a significant breakthrough over some hurtful memories from childhood last week. I was able to let Jesus show me where He was during those bad experiences and change the emotions associated with them. I was able to let Him speak His truth and love for me into those experiences.

God is giving me such a passion to help people move into healing, wholeness and freedom to become the person He created them to be. It is exciting to see how God leads and uses us when we are willing and make ourselves available. I can't wait to see how He will combine our passion for Latin America with prayer and healing ministry.

1 comment:

Melli said...

WOW! Sounds like you "received" a lot from this workshop, as well as learning how to give more of yourself and Christ's love. It will be exciting to hear when God gives you the opportunities to use your new skills!