Monday, July 14, 2008

A Blessed Sunday


Hi Everyone,

Nancy and I both had blessed Sundays yesterday. Her presentation about Sonia's ministry went well. The teenagers seemed engaged and interested, and they prayed for her at the end. Yesterday I heard one of the best sermons in Spanish that I've ever heard, and at the end of the service 6 people gave their lives to Christ. There was great celebration in heaven! It was wonderful to be a part of a congregation that considers new converts to be a normal part of its life, so that they expect conversions to take place, they invite people to say Yes to Christ, and they are prepared to follow up with them. I was also able to get a picture of Roland and his wife yesterday, which I have posted here. He is the friend I told you about in a previous blog whom I used to know at Mount Pisgah, and who now lives in Costa Rica. This week I am focusing on my Spanish classes, plus I am continuing my work on designing the Church Growth course that Warren and I are going to team-teach in Venezuela in August. Thank you for your prayers and your financial support that make it possible for me to serve Christ in this way.

Much Love, Dan

No comments: